Thursday, February 5, 2015

Shake It Off!

     I've been missing from Craftland for quite some time.  I'm going to blame it all on this adorable squishy faced boy.


     I've been sneaking in a little sewing time here and there and when Paisley Roots posted about the Shake It Off contest, my girls and I turned to YouTube to check out T. Swift's looks in the video.  (See contest details here if you haven't already Shake It Off contest!)

     The oldest immediately wanted Taylor's fabulous white tutu outfit.  That one is still in progress as it's a little overly ambitious for my limited sewing time.  The youngest, however, cut her momma a break and gravitated towards the first outfit shown in the video.  A cute little top with a cat face and a pair of leggings.  Now I must confess that my New Year's resolution was to sew my stash and when I was sewing this outfit I was still holding on. (I lasted about 3 weeks which is probably longer than anyone who knows me thought I could manage.  The fabric addiction is strong.)  So Taylor's white shirt became a gray one and her black leggings became cat print fleece.  It's a perfect comfy, cozy outfit for a 3 year old.
     Before we get to the pictures, I must warn you that sometimes, just sometimes, my darling children do not wish to cooperate with my modeling needs.  Today was one of those times.  You'll notice little miss is wearing a long sleeved v-neck T that doesn't look all that good with her top.  I was attempting to get her to wear a tank top and do a one shoulder look with the shirt.  Didn't happen.  Sometimes even the candy bribery fails me folks.


     Pretend you don't see my older daughter in her old lady outfit or my kid standing on the arm of the couch for a picture.  Somehow my photo editing software is missing from my computer and I hear a little man stirring so no time for getting it back on and cropping!  The top is from the always awesome Scientific Seamstress, the All-the-Rage Raglan, modified to suit my needs.  The leggings are a free pattern from Craftsy (because my New Year's resolution was also supposed to include not buying patterns; that lasted even less time than the fabric!)  


1 comment:

  1. hahaha! That old lady outfit! I totally get you on the "bribing not working". The shirt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete