Monday, February 3, 2014

All-the-Rage Raglan Sew-Along: Success!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have completed raglan dresses! As mentioned before, I used Jeanine's tutorial from the Scientific Seamstress blog to turn the raglan into a dress. In this case, I used the width of the fabric and just folded it in half and had a seam on one side instead of measuring and cutting two pieces for the skirt. I'm happy with how they turned out, and more importantly, the girls love them. They especially like the hoods. The mark of success in my household is how long my daughters will keep clothing on. (Does anyone else have kids that like to change their clothes multiple times per day?!) These dresses lasted from the time I finished them up until it was time to put on pajamas.

I'm happy that I managed to get my Kids Clothes Week goal completed in time even though there were a few hiccups for me. I confess I did not have at least an hour every day, it just wasn't possible for me, but I did make up some of that time yesterday! Hopefully next week, I'll have 2 completed Ellie Inspired dresses to show off as well. (Don't hold your breath though, I've been working on these dresses for a very patient friend for a looooooong time already.)

Do you have a raglan finished? Make sure you add it to the sew-along album in the Scientific Seamstress Lab Group. In just one week we'll be randomly choosing a winner for a SB/SS pattern of their choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment