Saturday, February 1, 2014

All-the-Rage Raglan Sew-Along: Moment of Truth

Today we're sewing the sides and sleeves together. If you're making a shirt, all you'll have left to do is the hem! I'm using Jeanine's tutorial for a raglan dress, so tomorrow I'll be finishing up with a ruffled skirt attachment! Here is my completed top.

I confess, even though I knew I had cut the stretch in the correct direction this time, I was still holding my breath hoping that it would fit my girl. I had to bribe my oldest into trying it on but once she had it on, she didn't want to take it off! That is how we judge sewing success in my household.

If you remember back to the beginning, I sized down a size for this since I wanted a more fitted look. As you can see from the picture, there's still plenty of room in it. I probably should have gone with her regular size or a size up for the hood though as my children have large noggins and it'll likely stop fitting over her head before it stops fitting her everywhere else.

I'm eager to see the raglans everyone else has been sewing. We'll have an album in the lab group for everyone to add to and then on February 10th, we'll select a random winner for a free SS/SB pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment