Friday, January 31, 2014

All-the-Rage Raglan Sew-Along: Hood Time

Is anyone else now singing "Stop! Hammer time" in their heads? Just me? I'm ok with that. Today we're going to be attaching the hood to the shirt. The first step for me, since I'm making a lapped hood, was to baste the edges together. After that, it's time to pin. The pictures below show the way my hood and top look after using pins to mark the points where we're going to pin the hood and top together.

I'm using an overlock stitch on my machine to attach the hood to the top. As Carla mentions in the pattern, you can use a regular zig-zag if you prefer. After that's done, we're just doing the standard 1/4" seam using the straight stitch with the modified settings (longer stitch length, lower tension) and then the hood is on!

Tomorrow I'll be hemming the sleeves and sewing the sleeves and sides together. Then it'll be time for the moment of truth. Will this one fit over my daughter's head? Check back to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment