Monday, January 20, 2014

Preparing to Sew

This week we'll be getting our fabric and patterns ready to sew! Confession time: As I mentioned in my previous post, I've had fabric and the pattern ready for months for this particular project. However, after I had already purchased the fabric, Jeanine posted a modification to the raglan pattern that she made for her oldest daughter. Dresses are All the Raglan Rage!
Having two daughters myself, I loved it. When preparing for the sew-along, I realized if I wanted to add a hood and a ruffle skirt like Jeanine, I was going to need more than 2 yards for my 2 girls. (I generally make 2 of everything because it cuts down on complaining in my household and I love having them match.) My first thought was to get more of the fabric I already have but, as tends to happen when you hoard fabric, there is no more to be found. So I hope you will all join me in crossing my fingers that the coordinating solid I ordered from Fabric.com on Saturday morning will in fact coordinate.

I will be using this jersey knit from Girl Charlee.
cherry vine
Along with this sparkle jersey knit from Fabric.com.
sparkle knit

That takes care of the fabric part of the equation for me; on to the pattern. I measured both of my girls, resulting in a size 5 for the oldest and size 3 for my youngest. I chose to size down a size though as suggested in the pattern if you want a snugger fit. I have a size 2 and a size 4 pattern cut out and ready to go! How about you? Is your fabric and pattern ready or are you still shopping around for fabric you love? If you have your fabric ready to go, please share a link in the comments so we can see what you'll be sewing with!

No comments:

Post a Comment