Thursday, January 23, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Sis Boom Marissa

In honor of the sew-along that we're starting this week, the Throwback Thursday for today is the first sew-along I participated in! In July of last year, I was furiously sewing outfits for my girls for our Disney trip in September. I had previously purchased both the Jamie and the Marissa patterns to make for our trip but hadn't gotten around to them. The announcement of a sew-along with those two patterns jumpstarted my girls getting princess dresses. Jamie/Marissa Sew-along

I confess I still have yet to make the Jamie (I am awful at following through on selfish sewing since sewing for my daughters is just more fun for me) but it's on my list of things to make when I have extra time. I loved the way that the Marissa dresses turned out though and so did my girls! I added a cuff to the bottom of the dress so that I could easily enclose the back of the embroidery. I also added ties to the side for a big bow in the back to cinch in the bodice a bit since I sized them up a size (I was afraid of a drastic growth spurt making them unwearable if I did the current sizes that my kids were wearing but didn't want them to be too big). As you can see from the pictures below, they fit well and looked so pretty!

I hope everyone's preparations for the raglan sew-along are going well. I'm excited to start sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment