Thursday, January 30, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Elegance & Elephants Pleated Playsuit

It is currently 1 degree here in Pennsylvania. I confess I do not enjoy winter, not the cold temps or the snow or the amount of laundry caused by the need to layer. For today's Throwback Thursday, we are going to take a look at a perfect summer outfit in hopes that it'll make me feel warmer. Most of the sewing I did last year was for our Disney trip and these outfits are no exception.

I used the free Pleated Playsuit pattern from Elegance & Elephants which can be found here. I was still very new to sewing when I made these and still found the pattern easy to follow. I did modify the ties by using the scrunched elasticized straps from the Scientific Seamstress Simply Sweet (found here). My girls like to dress themselves and the elasticized straps made that a little easier for them. My daughters each got to pick 4 designs from this set by Frou Frou by Heather Sue for their outfits and they loved being able to design their own little outfit.

I'm looking forward to using this pattern again this year in a few months. Is anyone feeling a little warmer? No? Me neither.

No comments:

Post a Comment