Wednesday, April 22, 2015

KCW Day Two

Sometimes I fail.  I've accepted that failure is occasionally going to happen, particularly when I am stretching out of my sewing comfort zone (as is the case this week with my stretch fabric sewing).  Yesterday the plan was to finish off my younger daughter's swimsuit with a pair of A Sparkly Baby Board Shorties.  I had them already cut out and just had to sew them together so it was supposed to be an easy KCW day.  This is what they currently look like.


I did not even have to add the waistband and leg bands to know that they were an epic fail.  So, I confess, on the second day of KCW, I failed in my goal of 1 completed item per day.  I did sew for an hour so I'm still calling it good.

Today I'm debating whipping up a quick skirt and peasant dress out of the thankfully woven material that my girls picked out on our last trip to Joann's or attempting another pair of board shorties.  We'll see just how ambitious I'm feeling after getting children off to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment