Monday, August 8, 2016

August Challenge

I confess I am a terrible blogger.  Mostly this is because I am a terrible picture taker and the thing that I love most about other sewing blogs is the pictures, so I feel awful when I don't have any to show.  However, I've decided to make August a big sewing month for me and this blog is going to be my accountability so I expect that I'll be posting quite a bit in the next three weeks or so.

Today starts KCW's summer session and I love KCW.  (For those not in the know, this is Kid's Clothes Week where you commit to sew at least one hour every day for your kids!)  It gives me a goal to work towards and I love goals.  I've decided to expand upon this goal this month and challenge myself to complete one item for every day in August.  Yep, I'm going to make 31 items this month.  This sounds daunting but really is more realistic than it first appears.

I confess I have this terrible habit of starting items and then leaving off and not completing them.  This pile of UFO's (unfinished objects) grows and grows.  Many of them will take less than 20 minutes to complete and yet they do not get done because it's more fun to just move on to something else.  With my lofty goal in mind though, I anticipate clearing my UFO pile in order to meet it and finally getting everything caught up.

And here begins my list of completed items (pictures to come later when I am not running absurdly late for my day job).

1. Scientific Seamstress Mickey bowling shirt
2. P4P Essential Tank from Swear Like a Lady

As you can see, I'm starting at a 6 item deficit since it is already August 8th.  Can I catch up?  Stay tuned to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment